Highly Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical professionals are trusted with you or your loved one’s health and well-being. Unfortunately, doctors and nurses are human. Negligence can cause mistakes and injuries, perhaps more often than many realize.
A spinal cord injury, failure to diagnose, birth injury or surgical error can have a devastating impact. Tobin & Muñoz, LLC, has decades of experience winning medical malpractice lawsuits.
Take a look at just a few of the firm’s successes in this area:
- Roberts v. Spears, et al., successfully represented estate, widow and child of patient who died due to medical negligence and obtained a substantial settlement.
- McMahon v. DeJong, obtained a substantial $3 million settlement at trial in a complicated wrongful death medical malpractice claim for decedent’s estate and family. Defendants contended that the death was the result of a foreseeable event after the surgery.
- Palka v. Cook County Hospital, successfully represented plaintiff’s estate and adult children in a medical malpractice wrongful death claim. Woman died during a hysterectomy at Cook County Hospital. The Defendants claim that her preexisting conditions of obesity, diabetes and heart disease led to her demise. The settlement due to its size required the approval of the Cook County Board.
- Williams v. University of Illinois, et. al., obtained a substantial settlement in wrongful death medical malpractice claim for a 66 year old male with kidney and heart disease who died after elective surgery to implant a donor kidney; the deceased sustained a massive heart attack during surgery.
- Carpenter v. Nabong, obtained an unprecedented verdict in a medical malpractice action of this nature. Plaintiff successfully claimed that the procedures done to save her life from kidney stones that were rendering her septic could have been done in a less invasive procedure. The procedure used left the Plaintiff with permanent scarring and pain. Defendant claimed it was an emergent situation of life and death and that Mrs. Carpenter’s prior health problems and current conditions necessitated radical surgery. We contended on behalf of the Plaintiff that modern medicine allowed for less invasive procedure that would not have rendered the patient so incapacitated postoperatively. The jury agreed.
This area of personal injury law is time-consuming and difficult. Know that the attorneys at Tobin & Muñoz, LLC, will be upfront and honest with you about the strength of your case and how long the process will take. They do not back down from a challenge.
Accomplished In Both Defense And Plaintiff Work
The firm in Chicago has a unique perspective on medical malpractice cases because of their breadth of experience on each side of a claim. They bring cases on behalf of plaintiffs and also work on behalf of defendants.
To reach Tobin & Muñoz, LLC, call 312-641-1321 or contact the firm through email.